Creating an independent income while working at home as a stay at home parent, requires some out of the box thinking, but I have compiled a list of 7 creative ways to make money from home, to give you some ideas on how to get started right now.
1. Translate websites via Fiverr. If you are bilingual like I am, you can work on Fiverr as a translator for companies who often need their websites translated from your native language to English. You can charge by page or word count, and the great thing is, that you will not need a website, or have any upfront cost in getting started! This can get pretty interesting, as I have translated anything from a book about yoga, to online gambling websites!
2. Write an eBook and publish it on Amazon. Writing an eBook is a lot less complicated than you might think. Amazon allows you to upload your creation for free, all you have to do is put in the work. I have recently written a post about how you can write an eBook in a very short period of time. Check it out here.
3. Sell products online using drop shipping. No worry, you will not have to hold inventory at home, or use your kitchen counter to create items in bulk with this option. Drop shipping allows you to sell products via wholesalers without holding any inventory in your hands. Essentially you just collect the customers information and forward it to your wholesaler, who then distributes the product for you. You can check out more information about this type of business model in the following articles I have written.
4. Become a dog walker. Not only is it great for your pocket book, but you also get some exercise out of the deal. If you love dogs, this is a great option for you!.
5. Design and sell business cards on Zazzle. Business cards are a hot item to sell on Zazzle, as are other consumable paper products like Wedding invitations. With no upfront cost and some marketing skills, you can make a nice addition to your families income. You can read more about how to get started on Zazzle here.
6. Sell your art and photography on RedBubble. If you are a talented photographer or a visual artist, you can upload your images onto RedBubble, which in return will place your design on posters, postcards, cell phone cases, home decor and more. There are no upfront costs. For more info, read this.
7. Become a freelance writer. Freelancer.com is always looking for talented writers, who they would love to connect with their clients! Again, it costs nothing to start, and you can work as much or as little as you want. Check out this article for more information on getting started today!
Stay tuned for more online business opportunity ideas, and articles on how to make money online!