If you are looking to expand your reach, get your content shared more often, and are interested in increasing your comments, I highly recommend that you join facebook groups in which members share each other’s posts on social media, as well as leave comments.
You should, however, follow a few rules before engaging in these groups:
- Most groups have specific days for specific threads. For example, some groups only allow you to share your blog posts on a specific day, while there are other days for comment threads, or facebook support threads. Become familiar with each groups thread posting time, so that you do not violate group policies
- Read the group description thoroughly! Many of these groups have very specific rules, such as the above-mentioned threads, or when you can ask for advice. Make sure that you are familiar with them, and do not confuse the rules if you are joining multiple groups
- Share other people’s content. Some groups require that you share or comment on each of the members participating in the individual threads, while others require you to share/comment on a specific number of member posts. Follow these instructions, and do not skip through a thread, even if you might not get caught. It is simply the polite thing to do, and it helps each member of the group to increase their reach.
- Leave meaningful comments. If you are participating in comment threads, be kind and leave thoughtful comments. I have seen groups that require a certain word count or have specific rules for comments, but even in those groups who do not have those types of rules, you should give your best comments.
- Only participate in some of the threads, in order not to get overwhelmed. It takes quite a bit of time to share content, and visit other people’s blogs and sites. Don’t commit to threads that you can not follow through.
Here are some groups that you should consider joining:
Related Post: 22 Tips To Rock Linkedin!
This is an incomplete list, so look for the second part of this post about facebook groups to be posted here soon!
For more blogging info, and a few more facebook support groups I highly recommend, click here
Fiercely Independent Blessings!