Uncategorized

Saving Money 101: What Is ibotta?

save money grocery shopping, what is ibotta

Start by saving time and money!

In order to be successful in business, it is important not only to be concerned with your income but also your outgo.
It is that reason why I decided to share with you some of the ways I save time and money, which in turn gives me a chance to  invest more into my business.

Grocery shopping is probably one of my families largest unavoidable expense (when disregarding the basics like rent), but also the one that is the most flexible. It is there where I can save the most money, by adjusting what and where I purchase or buy using rebates and coupons.  This is where ibotta comes in handy.

What is ibotta?

earn money grocery shopping, what is ibotta

Ibotta is a shopping program and app, that allows you to get rebates deposited into your PayPal account for things you already buy. For example, I purchase tomatoes on a regular basis, and the ibotta app has a rebate of 25 cents for them. All I had to do, is purchase the item at my selected grocery store, scan in the receipt for proof of purchase, and
also the little barcode on the sticker of the tomatoes, and that’s it! ibotta credited the 25 cents into the account I have
with them, within a few minutes.

earn money grocery shopping, what is ibotta

Now 25 cents does not seem like much, but I saved a whopping 12.75 yesterday, just by going grocery shopping! There are rebates for milk, bread, coffee, dish soap and more, some pay back as much as 3 Dollars, others are 50 cents for my favorite yogurth or 1 Dollar for my daughters favorite vegan mayonnaise.

ibotta allows you to receive the rebates via your PayPal account each and every time you reach their 20 Dollar threshold.  There is no wait for a specific day of the month to get your money, but they do say that it may take up to 48 hours to be deposited into your PayPal account. Truth is, it has never taken much longer than 10 minutes for me so far, so that is  pretty awesome too.

You can shop for all types of groceries, as well as other goods from clothing stores to items you would find in a drug
store.

save money shopping, what is ibotta

The ibotta app is relatively easy to use and works for all Android and iPhones. Signing up is free, and if you use
my code linspgx you get a special 10 Dollar bonus just for signing up and downloading the app! Speaking of bonuses, ibotta also offers bonuses for those who add a lot of receipts. The bonus amounts vary, but
I am one receipt away from receiving an extra two dollars just for shopping! Pretty cool isn’t it?

Where can you shop and earn?

Almost everywhere!

Walmart, Target, Publix, Albertsons, Walgreens, CVS, Whole’s Food, Smiths and Macy’s are just a few of the stores you can use these rebates for. No need to change your routine, shop, where you always shopped before!

Verdict:

I use ibotta every single day, because it is super convenient, and for a large family with multiple pets,where groceries are a major expense, the savings add up very quickly. My average rebate a month is around a 100 Dollars,  from shopping alone.

Extra bonus for affiliate marketers:

Earn money for ibotta referrals

Yes, ibotta has a referral program. For each person you sign up through the app, you receive 5 Dollars. Again, this adds up quickly, considering how this program pretty much sells itself. I am proud to share this app with my friends and family, and everyone who is willing to listen, and I am sure you will too!

Sign up today! (remember code: linspgx)

Happy Savings!

Claudia

Be Sociable, Share!
You may also like
Make Money Online: Freelance – Work From Home
Lessons In Mastery – Are You Willing To Fail?
34 Comments
  • Tiina A Oct 7,2016 at 5:48 pm

I really need these tips how to save a penny these days! This was totally new mean but seems to be worth trying. Thanks!

• Julie Oct 7,2016 at 1:33 pm

Sounds awesome! I used ebates for a little bit but wasn’t getting much back so I stopped. But i can see why this would be more helpful since everyone needs groceries!

• Claudia Blanton Oct 10,2016 at 6:16 pm

I use ebates as well, but I use this one much more – blessings!

• Tescha Chetty Oct 7,2016 at 1:12 pm

Wish we had an App like this in South Africa!

• Fatima Oct 6,2016 at 9:48 pm

This sounds so cool. I am not sure if it’s available in the UK as well.

• Lubka Henry Oct 6,2016 at 6:34 pm

Oh this sounds quite good indeed! I so need to get on it :))

• Surkha Oct 6,2016 at 2:09 pm

ahha! this is good. Is it worldwide?

• Claudia Blanton Oct 10,2016 at 6:18 pm

no, sorry – only in the US for right now, but I will keep everyone updated, if that changes

• Amanda Love Oct 6,2016 at 9:44 am

Ibotta definitely has a lot of offers and discounts! What I like is that they have rebates or cashbacks that you could use for other essentials.

• Claudia Blanton Oct 10,2016 at 6:19 pm

indeed, I bought myself a coffee machine, from last weeks savings, that was nice! Blessings!

• Carrie Oct 5,2016 at 7:23 am

When we lived in the states I love Ibotta and saved a good deal of money with them! I definitely recommend it to all my friends and family!

• Claudia Blanton Oct 10,2016 at 6:20 pm

yup, now I just wish it would go international, that would help a lot of people

• lex Oct 4,2016 at 9:20 pm

this is amazing, getting back a few bucks for shopping, , sound really cool. sad something like that doesnt go well down here, but will see to it since paypal is connected to this. thanks for the share.

• Claudia Blanton Oct 5,2016 at 2:41 am

maybe they will make this app international at some point, I sure hope so, blessings!

• Anvita Oct 4,2016 at 9:03 pm

I have heard of this app before but never used it. seems like I should try it

• Jackie Oct 4,2016 at 7:53 pm

I love this! sounds like an awesome deal, will try this future

• Mary Oct 4,2016 at 3:54 pm

This sounds helpful, but how do you use it in the grocery store? Do you have pay via paypal? Is it scanned like a coupon?

• Claudia Blanton Oct 5,2016 at 2:46 am

how it works is like this. You simply go shopping for your usual stuff, then you make sure you keep the receipt. You then go on your app, and see if they are rebates for what you bought – like yogurth for example. With the app, you take a picture of the receipt, and scan the barcode of the item – sometimes you have to scan the barcode of the receipts instead, because things like loose onions can not be scanned in, of course. Within a few minutes, your rebate will be approved, and be added to your balance, which you can cash out if you have more than 20 Dollars. Hope that helped, blessings!

• Elizabeth O. Oct 4,2016 at 10:13 am

I love saving money from groceries which is why I appreciate companies like Ibotta. They offer so many good deals!

• Claudia Blanton Oct 5,2016 at 2:47 am

indeed they do – I got another three dollar rebate on my laundry detergent today, and 5 dollars on clothes shopping, cool, isn’t it?

• Tania Potter - Soul Sense Coaching Oct 4,2016 at 4:50 am

We don’t have ibotta here, or at least I doubt we do, but we do have a lot of cash back and similar programmes that save an absolute fortune if you use them. Which i do!

• Claudia Blanton Oct 5,2016 at 2:48 am

I am glad you are taking advantage of them – good for you!

• Ana Oct 3,2016 at 10:05 pm

Never heard about ibotta but it looks so helpful app to save money while doing the grocery shopping! Can’t wait to check this out! Thanks for sharing about ibotta to us!

• Claudia Blanton Oct 5,2016 at 2:48 am

my pleasure Ana, I am addicted to that thing! Blessings!

• Ana De- Jesus Oct 3,2016 at 9:30 pm

If only we had a similar app for the UK because I would love to save money while I spend!

• Claudia Blanton Oct 5,2016 at 2:49 am

oh my, I wish that for you too – I will see and let you know if I come across something that my European friends use. I will keep you updated!

• Liz Mays Oct 3,2016 at 9:01 pm

Ibotta sounds so helpful. It would be nice to be able to build up rebates by shopping with them.

• Claudia Blanton Oct 3,2016 at 9:17 pm

you can shop anywhere, like Walmart and Target, and many of the usual grocery stores, like Publix, or Vons, and Albersons. Walgreens and CVS are also on the acceptable list, so I am sure you can find a grocery store, that you can use those rebates for, blessings!

Leave Your Comment